Conference, marketplace report
I-Network held a “Conference and Market Place” for project partners in the Health and Education sectors on 21st November, 2012 at Landmark View Hotel in Muyenga.
The Conference was the first of its kind and it also provided a platform for partners to show case their projects.
Issues discussed were:
- To think about people with special needs like the blind and the deaf. Text to Change has plans in pipeline to consider voice texts for blind mothers.
- Sustainability of projects.
- Lobbying district officials present at the workshop to embrace and budget for ICT in their projects.
- Good public image and lobbying can attract telecom companies to support projects
- Package for School Management is found in Teso and Kabale. The students’ portal at school enables the child to log in complaints; it is a sort of suggestion box.